Address Change
  Board Information
  Business Facility Permit
  Complaint Information
  Complaint Process
  Compliance Inspection
  Continuing Education
  Criminal Background Info.
  Criminal Conviction Review
  Disability Inclusion Access
  Disqualifying Offenses
  Examination Process
  Important News
  Laws and Rules
  License Verification
  Meetings and Agendas
  Name Change
  Ohio Checkbook - Home
  On-line Renewal
  Pharmacy Regulations
  Public Records Request
  RVT/Animal Aid Duties
Revised June, 2020
  Student Loan Program
  Technician Registration
  Veterinary Licenses
  Home Page

Rule 4741-1-18 OAC
As a result of recently enacted legislation and an Executive Order by the Governor, Rule 4741-1-18 OAC regarding military experience and exemption has been revised to define "military" and extend the period for submitting continuing education hours for renewal. Rule 4741-1-18 OAC already waived renewal fees for active duty military veterinarians and registered veterinary technicians. The rule now reflects the definition of military and the Board's leniency for continuing education in compliance with Ohio Revised Code Section 5903.12 and Section 5903.121

Additional Resources

O*Net Online-Military Crosswalk Search:

Ohio Department of Veterinary Services:

Army Veterinary Corp

Temporary Military Licenses: Members of the military and spouses who are licensed in another jurisdiction and have moved to Ohio for active duty may apply for a temporary military license which can be issued after criminal records checks are receive by the Board and other requirements are met.

Requirements are:

  • Letter of Good standing from the state you currently hold a license
  • Proof that the applicant or applicant's spouse is on military duty in this state
  • Background checks

The browsers that work best with the eLicense system are:

  • Google Chrome (recommended)
  • Mozilla Firefox
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer (Version 11)

1. Go to the eLicense Ohio system at
2. Select Login / Create Your Account.
3. Under New Users, choose I Don't Have a License.
4. You will be asked to enter your personal information including your date of birth and social security number. This is required information.
5. You will then select Apply For a New License
6. Select the Veterinary Medical Licensing Board
7. Select the license you wish to apply for
8. Select Active Military Temporary

Thank you for your service!


state home
privacy policy